Valley Community Interpreters Language Services to Ensure Clear Communication
Interpretation Services includes two ways of facilitating understanding in communication between the service providers and the service users who don’t share a common language. Interpretation can be delivered in small meetings or larger groups such as public presentations and conferences.
- Remote interpretation by telephone (OPI) or video (VRI)
- Onsite (in person) or by the Zoom platform
Translation Services provide written renditions of a document from one language to another. VCI offers human translation and proofreading provided by professionals in over 100 different languages.
The Cross-Cultural Communication Workshop is a customized staff orientation to allow you to better serve your constituents, patients, and clients. In this two-hour workshop, staff will learn skills essential to working with the Limited English Proficient (LEP) communities. To schedule a Cross-Cultural Communication Workshop please email VCI Language Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this workshop participants will learn how to:
- Understand language and communication barriers
- Work with interpreters
- Address gaps in your services to all customers
Language Proficiency Testing – Helps evaluate individual language proficiency using established online platforms:
- Identify the level of fluency of existing staff
- Qualify job candidates who will perform bilingual functions
- Offer computerized Language Proficiency Testing for most languages spoken in the US