VCI Academy Interpreting for Professionals 40-Hour Online Course
This course is open to individuals who want to learn how to use their language skills to overcome communication barriers. THE COURSE IS IN ENGLISH. The course is designed for two groups:
- Working Professionals working in healthcare, education community services who will take their new skills back to their jobs.
- Bilingual Community Members interested in building and pursue a professional interpreter career. VCI offers ongoing mentoring and support to help you become an interpreter.
Interpreting for Professionals Course is an online interactive, skills-based program for spoken and sign language interpreters that will prepare you to use your language skills in your workplace or when building your interpreter career. PLEASE READ THE FULL COURSE DESCRIPTION click here (PDF). Classes are on weekends, 2 hours in the morning, a one-hour lunch break, and two hours in the afternoons for a total of five weekends. Click here to see the full schedule.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must be bilingual and pass the VCI reading comprehension and language proficiency assessments.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete, sign, and submit the registration form. Once VCI receives your registration, VCI will contact you by email.
- VCI will request the required copy of your high school diploma and any other professional education credentials. We accept education diplomas from other countries that are translated and notarized.
- Pay the $650 registration fee.
- Once VCI receives your registration fee, we will schedule the online Language and Reading Comprehension Assessments. The assessments take about one hour to complete.