Make a donation using the PayPal button below:
Language Access Services
Valley Community Interpreters (VCI) has established a new initiative, the Critical Language Service Program to help our Limited English Proficient (LEP) communities have language access in these challenging times. The VCI Board of Directors has created a modest fund to provide accessible language services.
The Critical Language Service Program has two central goals:
- Provide LEP communities affordable language service to those who cannot afford the full cost of professional language services. To receive services, VCI asks for donations of any amount.
- Ensure that New Mexico language service professionals have the work and pay they need while providing a valuable service. Most language service professionals are contract workers.
VCI Critical Language Service Program will work with community members to provide Spanish and Arabic:
- Phone interpretation (OPI)
- Sight translation (verbal interpretation of documents)
- Written translations of documents
To Support This:
VCI will ask community members to help this effort by making a donation if they can to ensure that the program can continue to provide services. The program is exclusively for community members and not for organizations or service providers.
To Request Services:
- Please give VCI 48-hours advance notice of the date and time when the language service is needed.
- Contact VCI by phone 505-246-6911 or email email@example.com
- Provide VCI with the details of the service needed: Phone interpretation (OPI), sight translation or document translation
- Make your tax deductible donation on our web site.
- A graduate of the VCI interpreter training who is a Qualified or Nationally Certified Interpreter will be scheduled to work with the person(s) requesting the service
- For sight translations and to assist with documents and applications, the documents need to be provided in advance to VCI by email or appointment
- For document translations, documents need to be provided in advance to VCI by email or appointment.
Please contact VCI if you need help with language services at firstname.lastname@example.org