VCI Academy – Bilingual Community Interpreter Training Details
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU
Bilingual Community Interpreter Training – This is an 80 hour course for bilingual community members interested in building an interpreter career to work exclusively as an interpreter. The course is structured with 60 hours of classroom instruction and 20 hours of hand-on practicums at local clinics, schools and community service organizations. Classes are limited to 16 students, a minimum of nine students are needed to hold the course.
YOU MUST ATTEND THE MANDATORY ORIENTATION TO REGISTER FOR THE COURSE
- THIS COURSE IS FOR PERSONS WHO ARE COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING AN INTERPRETER CAREER.
- Attend the mandatory orientation
- Be 18 or older.
- Be bilingual and pass the reading comprehension and language proficiency assessments.
- Have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Own a computer.
- Complete the 60 hours of classroom work and pass the course exam.
- Complete the 20 hours of paid practicums within the eight weeks allotted. Students do their practicums at local healthcare facilities, community service organizations and schools.